Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4/M4 products now?

primorge opened this issue on Jul 19, 2021 ยท 204 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 16 December 2021 at 7:05 PM Online Now!

takezo3001 posted at 6:42 PM Thu, 16 December 2021 - #4431978

hornet3d posted at 6:21 PM Thu, 16 December 2021 - #4431974

I moved away from V4 a few years ago now although I do still use the figure on the odd occasion.  Figure wise I use Dawn SE in any render that needs a female figure and I have not moved over to Le Femme because I content I like to use that simply does not exist for Le Femme.  I stick to one figure not because I regard it as a person or because I owe it any allegiance but because most of my renders are to support a story which revolves around a major character, which means I stick to one for consistency.  Changing to another figure is difficult for me and there has to be some benefit for me to spend the time making the change.

It is one thing to say that V4's entire library can be used by current figures but for a vast percentage of that I would have to ask why would you want to.  Due to their age few of the materials make use of the improved render engines and very few use dforce.  

Why would anyone use the entire library? Simple, they made some excellent clothes for V4 and why not use them for improved versions of the figure? Plus you can easily change the materials from PoserPP/ 3Delite to Iray as all you need to do is select all the materials, hit Iray uber default and you're golden!

And you can easily convert clothing to be used with DForce...

==============================================================

Still not convinced that the end result will be as good as the best being created for the present figures.  What appears to be easy for some is not so easy for others so many users would not do the conversion anyway and would stick with old materials.  

Still I guess it is down to the individual artist all I know is that, despite the shortage of content for Dawn, I rarely use anything from my V4 runtimes.  Poses are the only exception as most V4 poses work with Dawn with virtually no adjustment except maybe around the neck and fingers.   As the loaded pose is only ever a starting pose for me this minor adjustment is not real bother.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.