Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4/M4 products now?

primorge opened this issue on Jul 19, 2021 ยท 204 posts

shvrdavid posted Sat, 25 December 2021 at 9:54 AM

I indeed started to weight map Sydney. I quickly discovered that Sydney's mesh is in no way symmetrical. I don't remember who actually owns the Sydney mesh anymore, but correcting it was not a legal option. We even considered doing a script that corrected the mesh since that would in no way have any of Sydney's info in it, and that was not an allowable option either. The mesh is horribly asymmetrical, not just a little bit either. That was done on purpose, from what I was told. The asymmetry was only one of many reasons the majority of the old figures never got weight mapped versions released.

Sydney is also a geometry swapping character (hip), which is not supported with Poser weight mapping. Most of the older characters that I weight mapped were never released for similar reasons. Lack of support for geometry swapping and asymmetry issues that wreck havoc with weight mapping. Then there is the permission issue, to modify existing geometry. 

Here is the fully corrected Sydney, mostly quads, no geometry swapping, aptly named, Sydney 3: Never released, never will be. The body is completely new, head hands and feet are corrected from Sydney. I don't remember how many different UV sets there were off the top of my head. There were more than a few options, obviously including Sydney's original UV's.

On top of completely redoing more than a few characters wireframes.... A small group of us spent months weight mapping everything that came with Poser, (animals, people, etc, all of them...) just to be shut down, blocked, whatever you want to call it. Simply because it was old content and never going to be supported weight map wise due to issues mentioned earlier. And if you can't get permission to release derivatives, well, you can use them for personal use....

I still Beta test Poser, but do very little in the way of content for it. Maybe when I retire.... I mostly just read the forums now, lurking.... 

Happy Holidays, Poser'ing, etc, everyone.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->