Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: The Poser Subdivision Morph Sorcery Project

odf opened this issue on Dec 16, 2021 ยท 223 posts

odf posted Thu, 30 December 2021 at 5:56 PM

odf posted at 3:33 PM Thu, 30 December 2021 - #4432608

The next step will be to bake down the morph to base level and (for now) restrict the higher subdivision levels to displacement along the normals as we talked about before. In order to do that, instead of the hi-res Poser output I will instead need two full-figure OBJs exported from Poser at subd-0, one welded and one unwelded.

Just a quick note on why I need three OBJs here. Poser defines the base (subd-0) level of a morph with individual sets of deltas per body part actor, but then for each higher level it's just one set of subd-deltas on the unified body actor. It also seems to export a subdivided figure mesh without body part grouping (although I might try some more export options to see if I can't coerce it into including the body part names). So the unwelded subd-0 mesh is what I want for the individual morph targets on the body parts, whereas the welded, subdivided and morphed mesh is good for making the hi-res deltas. The welded subd-0 mesh is my Rosetta Stone that helps me translate between the two (which I need for baking down and interpolating). It has the grouping that tells me where the body parts go, but it's also a unified mesh that I can match up with the hi-res OBJ.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.