Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: The Poser Subdivision Morph Sorcery Project

odf opened this issue on Dec 16, 2021 ยท 223 posts

odf posted Fri, 31 December 2021 at 5:59 PM

Yeah, pretty sure ADP's script supports post-transform, so I can study his code and/or bother him with questions. I definitely want to be able to do hi-res JCMs.

It should only matter for the base resolution part of the morph, though. As mentioned at length, the higher level details are expressed relative to the surface directions, so I'd expect them to be completely agnostic to the pre/post transform thing.

By the way, I've got a slightly revised devious plan: since there's a fair deal of busy work involved in the base resolution part of the morph (which as it seems I can't skip, at least not at this stage), and that part is indistinguishable from a regular FBM, I think I'll first write a command line script that converts an OBJ into an FBM, then integrate that into Poser with a reasonably friendly GUI, and finally add on the hi-res stuff.

Also by the way, some of the slow bits (such as parsing and composing OBJ files in Python) should go away when the script runs under Poser. Other slow bits will still be slow, but some of them (like the vertex order repair function) can probably be made optional. There's some number crunching remaining for the hi-res stuff that needs to be done and probably can't be delegated to Poser. So that's most likely what will slow the script down. Might be fun to find some trickery to still make it fast, but I'll leave that for later.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.