Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: The Poser Subdivision Morph Sorcery Project

odf opened this issue on Dec 16, 2021 ยท 223 posts

odf posted Sat, 01 January 2022 at 5:42 PM

adp001 posted at 9:19 AM Sat, 1 January 2022 - #4432705

Are you sure you want groups for full body morphs? I for sure don't.The reason: Sculpting with a brush is impossible if the model is not welded.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. A welded model can still have groups. Also, I wouldn't make a morph loader that required groups in every case. This is just a stepping stone.

A full body morph is nothing else than what my script does in the end.There is a "master dial" in the body that triggers all morphs in the individual parts (that's basically the whole description for "FBM"). If you first save a figure in the default pose with my script, then use that in Blender to sculpt and let the script load the result, you get a typical FBM.

Yes thanks, that's what I meant when I said my script made an FBM. What did you think I meant? :wink:

In the parts where nothing was changed, no morph is created at all. This works reliably.

And if an FBM was all I wanted, I would simply use you script or Poser's "Load full body morph..."

My "trick" when loading OBJ files: react only on "v" lines and abort as soon as something else comes. Because for morphs you only need the vertices, nothing else.

That's a good idea! I agree that for the "end product" the fancy options should not make things slow by default.

I don't think I want to discuss Python speed any more until I have a working prototype. Make it work, then make it fast. Happy to talk optimization strategies then.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.