Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How to Convert V4 and Other Gowns and Dresses for La Femme

RobZhena opened this issue on Dec 09, 2019 ยท 111 posts

RobZhena posted Wed, 05 January 2022 at 7:13 AM

I decided to do Rochelle Gown for G8F to try a full garment with hanging sleeves. Fortunately, the garment is rigged, and I could pre-pose it in DS. This turned out to be more complicated because the fitting room was auto grouping part of the hips and thighs to the sleeves because the gown was wider the the Furisode dress.

I therefore rigged the obj to La Femme down to the feet and hands using LF not zeroed as the goal with her arms posed to match the gown. Then I used the thighs to narrow the skirt and reduced the body on the X axis. This left poke through, but that could be fixed later

The fitting room properly assigned the draping to the sleeve rigging this time. I conformed the resulting garment to LF. Like with Furisode, I had to move the hip forward and up and pose the abdomens and arms. Next came the morph brush work to eliminate poke through. Then I saved a pose of the final garment is the pose library as I did with Furisode. I created a full body morph to speed conforming next time. I copied the morphs from V4;s MFD to provide beaucoup skirt controls. Then saved the garment.

So I now have a donor rig for future conversions of gowns with drapes sleeves.