Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Wooohoo ,installed windows XP!!

thgeisel opened this issue on Oct 25, 2001 ยท 37 posts

ronstuff posted Fri, 26 October 2001 at 1:20 PM

Personally, after checking out all the information on the links posted above (thanks guys). I think it is just too damned expensive to upgrade my little home network (5 computers) to XP. I don't mind paying once for a software upgrade for my home use, but having to buy 5 licences for my family is rediculous - I think $500 every year or two is just too much for a single family to have to pay for the "right" to use Windows in their home! Furthermore, as I understand it, my DSL router and hardware firewall which connect my little network to the internet won't work in XP because Bill Gates wants me to use his built-in software router (which forces you to use MSN messenger as part of the "bundle"). Its bad enough that Windows Media Player keeps trying to be my MP3 player and my MPEG player in spite of the fact that I have far more useful programs that I prefer to use - now MS wants to control even more of my applications. I am really TIRED of Microsoft shoving INFERIOR TECHNOLOGY down my throat and calling it a "feature" of an Operating System! Just my opinion, but if this trend continues, in another year or two Bill Gates will want to be your default 3D editor too!