Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Poser 12 development roadmap?

R_Hatch opened this issue on Feb 06, 2022 ยท 15 posts

NikKelly posted Fri, 11 February 2022 at 8:45 PM

I'm still on PP_11, as 12 does not yet seem to offer any I/O benefits. Worse, I consider the acclaimed Material room 'improvements' to be a serious 'down-grade', by making the easy stuff much, much harder. Cycles may be very powerful, but it is absurdly complex for the unwary. May we have a wall-chart ??

FBX ? Sadly, I've come to conclusion that the only way for Poser to get full compatibility is by licensing Autodesk's SDK. Like 'plug & play' for eg Daz' Gen_8 figures, that is unlikely to happen due prohibitive expense...

But, I've had some success importing figures auto-rigged by 'Make Human', if generated in their oldest FBX format. I still haven't figured why 'Guards ! Guards!' did not network-render correctly, probably something I'd mis-keyed...

Nailing down which rig, plug-ins, parameters & options should be used for reliable ports from Blender and/or Make Human would be good...

Now that Poser has acquired a mild taste for Toons and Anime, perhaps Team Poser could look at XPS and PMX formats ? Given DA's MarioKart64 can craft a free conversion utility which ports XPS models and figures into PMX, both formats must be 'biddable'. IIRC, they are non-proprietary. And, PMX would position Poser as 'Next Generation' for the popular MMD scene-builder...

- -

Bravo on the day-count: Not been there myself, but I've helped close kin surpass 'endure', learn to live 'between the tides'...