Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Poser 12 development roadmap?

R_Hatch opened this issue on Feb 06, 2022 ยท 15 posts

NikKelly posted Tue, 15 February 2022 at 10:10 AM

A 'Gas Gauge' ??

I built this x64 CAD-Tower with twin graphics cards, which I knew would be obsolete before long, and 32 GB to give head-room.

'Real world' events made significantly up-grading even one GPU card un-affordable. Proved cheaper to built a dedicated 'network' render 'Box'. That has its quirks. It may take five minutes doing 'admin' before a render starts. I still haven't figured why it won't transfer textures for the fun FBX 'Guards ! Guards !' freebies from Make_Human. But, it is not likely to crash if scene is complex...

Back when prolific Richard Mandel / Digital Explorations was posting freebie RE scene recreations as OBJ+MTL, I discovered Poser did not like many of the models. The 10~~25 MB RE-2 OBJs were mostly okay, bigger being slower. Too many of the RE-3 OBJs were 25~~50 MB models, just choked Poser. Sure, they did load, texture and CPU-render, albeit very, very, very slowly. The larger were almost impossible to pose due latency & refresh times...

Please may we have a 'gas gauge' / dash-board  console to give some idea of internal resource usage in various categories ? With green-amber-red for each ?? Don't laugh: I've seen such on a budget 'Home Design' program, essential because its core engine was only x32, would max-out if over-loaded with 'detail'...

For example, I cannot find any reference to how Poser holds its textures internally, or if uses them 'as is'. I'd happily batch-port bulkier PNG, TGA & DDS to JPG with free Irfan view, quickly search/replace the MTL calls using 'Notepad', reclaim many, many MB...