Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Poser 12 development roadmap?

R_Hatch opened this issue on Feb 06, 2022 ยท 15 posts

JAFO posted Tue, 15 February 2022 at 5:35 PM

Ive had "OUT OF MEMORY" issues going back to at least to Poser 4.  I've always prioritized having Boo-Koo ram in my machines so that's never been the issue. It happens when I'm smoothing out animations, like when I wish to make changes to a specific key on one or more figures (I key every 5 frames) its necessary to blend it in by deleting and re-keying  several keys in both directions, forward and backward till I get the desired results. Sometimes it takes awhile, many iterations back and forth.... then BAM out of memory, crash to desktop... In preferences I have undo set to 5, seems like that would alleviate the problem but it doesn't. It seems there's a memory limit encoded in the software somewhere.

I've done extensive testing and monitoring (keeping task manager running on another monitor).  I made a test scene with one figure  set scene frames to 1000, then re-keying figure to interval of 5.

I then proceed to step through the keys(Tab)  hitting keyframe minus then keyframe plus, all the while  watching memory usage. I nearly always get to frame 500 (100 itrations) before the out of memory issue occurs. Task manager says I'm using 16gb of 64gb  consistently.

It would be great if (like Adobe) Poser had a tab in preferences that allowed you to set limits for memory usage.

As mentioned this is a long-term problem and is not caused by the Bondware Poser team.

If you're an animator, I don't recommend the above method for smoothing animation unless its short segments. For longer animations (I Routinely have animations of 5000-10,000 frames)  I have another method I can outline if anyone's interested...

Y'all have a great day.

Y'all have a great day.