Forum: Community Center

Subject: Commercial Images

Digitell opened this issue on Mar 08, 2022 ยท 29 posts

3-DArena posted Thu, 10 March 2022 at 1:55 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 2:31 PM Wed, 9 March 2022 - #4435691

First page in the gallery today: 3 promos for DAZ3D, 1 DeviantArt (they started selling 3d characters? that's good to know, see... I would've never known DeviantArt sells 3D stuff if this image was somehow removed from the gallery) and 1 RenderHub... and there are more but my attention span for promos is super short. Being a regular here I got used with the promos and I already know who to skip. I understand you can't possibly catch them all but it's a big improvement... this is a BIG reduction in promo images for products sold on other competing sites.

The way the TOS reads artists can post their images - but the groups can't do mass uploads (and probably can't have their logos on the images).  Which is how it always should have been and how it was before.

"Renderosity will no longer allow artist groups to promote products in the gallery"

Links in the description for credit have always been allowed - even offsite, and the TOS still allows that.  Equally people have always been able to link to their own non-competitive sites or pages on other sites.  DeviantArt isn't a competitive site so an artist linking to their full portfolio shouldn't be an issue.

I'm very grateful for the lack of mass uploads from groups - thank you all for that!

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo