Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: V4/M4 products now?

primorge opened this issue on Jul 19, 2021 ยท 204 posts

JoePublic posted Sun, 27 March 2022 at 4:11 AM

Unfortunately Hiro and Aiko 3 have slightly different proportions, so to properly weightmap Hiro, I'd normally have to start from scratch.

But thankfully Poser 11 has that neat "Match Centers to Morphs" functionality.

So I exported a zeroed Hiro as an object file.

Then loaded that "Hiro-Shape" object as a full body morph to my weightmapped Aiko 3. (They are the same mesh)

And hit "Match Centers to Morph".

If you DE-SELECT "create dependencies" while doing so, the new rigging becomes the default to create a stand-alone figure.

(If you don't, you create a "mini-Genesis" figure that can swap between both bodyshapes, while the rigging automatically goes along with that)

In any case the result is a weightmapped Hiro 3:

I might edit the weightmaps a little here or there to fit the Hiro shape even better. (Weightmaps are lot more "moody" than the old sphere zones)

I haven't checked if this automated process creates different joint centers than the original Hiro rig has.

This would of course mess with Hiro 3's legacy clothing.

But again, Poser has a solution.

One can "copy joint zones" from weightmapped Hiro to the non-weightmapped clothing.

A bit of weightmap smoothing might be necessary, though.

There are some examples shown in my old Weightmapped David 3 thread:

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2864254

Or maybe I remember how to create a "joint pose" .cr2 to copy the original joint centers back in, while keeping the weightmaps.

Provided I can find my ancient cr2 editor thingy somewhere in my archives. Lol.

Hmm, I already weightmapped Matt & Maddie from scratch.

I think only Luke, Laura and the Freak are left now, and then I'm through with all the 3rd Gen figures.

Then maybe I see how well this works with custom morphs.

;-)