Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Dev Team is Hiring

tim opened this issue on May 24, 2022 ยท 17 posts

JoePublic posted Wed, 01 June 2022 at 11:13 AM

Nevertrumper, that was a great example.

Too bad it needed to be deleted.

But I'd already be thrilled if the next generation of native Poser figures could bend like this:

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2864342

Now what have we got here:

A high resolution figure (V3 has 70k+ polygons) with a very "smart" mesh topology so she can go from little child to buxom Barbie doll to muscle clad green skinned Superhero with the flick of a dial.

The type of figure exactly what everyone claimed to be "too hard to be rigged properly" because there is "too much messy mesh".

Definitely not your fashonable  lightweight "PRO" mesh that was made from regular quads only thus needing several iterations of subdivision to display proper body detail.

And if I remember correctly, only a single JCM was used to smooth the armpit creasesa bit.

(Cloth makers hate  JCM's because they used to make cloth rigging a bit harder)

And it was all done with PP 2012 back in 2013.

(Gee, that rigger must have been a genius...Oh, wait....HeHeHe)   ;-)

Now think what can be done when we start with a figure directly derived from actual 3D scans of a human model.

Using all the knowledge about mesh topology we now have in 2022.

And instead of only one JCM, we allow perhaps a dozend.

And base them again on actual 3D scans of a posed model.

(Because of faster computers clothes these days can be mostly dynamic, anyway. So we can have as much JCM's in the rig as we want/need)

So the posed Poser figure will have the EXACT SAME shape, flesh deformations and all, as the actual posed human model.

But this would cost some $$$ to pay for the models, the scans, the retopo and the mapping.

And would need official backing because it can't be properly done by just outsourcing it to a "one man company".

This needs to be done by a team of professionals. And professionals usually like to earn money for their work.

Anyway, we'll see what the future brings. I have my own set of figures that keep me occupied, and which I'm happy with.

But I'd really would like to see Poser thrive again and take back it's #1 position.

We were here first.

We started it.

We just need one more chance.