Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: How is Poser these days?

scottl opened this issue on Jun 01, 2022 ยท 58 posts

Y-Phil posted Thu, 16 June 2022 at 2:49 AM

thoennes posted at 5:11 AM Wed, 15 June 2022 - #4439994

Oh, here's La Femme:

This is using Blackhearted's HD morphs.  My own character (Blender sculpting, again :)

You can see how well her joints work.  She has a lot of JCM's to do that.  But the result is very nice :)

The clothing is made specifically for her, purchased here from a vendor with way more skill than *me* :D.

This is something I made and it was...  a lesson on what a slippery grip on sanity I had.  OMG those hip JCMs!

This lighting setup is even easier in Poser.  It's just an enviro sphere with a single HDRI source.  Also Superfly.  One click (though the sweet generously free EZDome add-on, which has been updated for P12)

Anyhow, Poser is still alive and kicking!

Oooh my God... Wow: what a splendid character! ๐Ÿ˜

and just in case you weren't aware: you may also use Poser's Background node. There are a few solutions, described in the threads around. Here is the setup I'm using:

the Mapping Node's Rotation is used to turn the background pic (2nd value): 0 = to the right, 1.57 up, 3.16 to the left (yes: these are rad values), and its location (2nd value, too) can  be used to raise or lower your all scene, compared to the background pic: 0, 0.1, 0 = 10% up.
Gamma should be 1.0

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Poser 13 and soon 14 โค๏ธ