Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Orion for Poser 11

AmbientShade opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 342 posts

AmbientShade posted Tue, 21 June 2022 at 6:09 PM

Thanks all for the enthusiasm.

primorge posted at 2:19 PM Tue, 21 June 2022 - #4440160

Haven't paid much attention to this, I generally try to reserve any commentary for finished figures. Usually pats on the back are best served for goodies in hand... some seem to get a narcissistic rush from kudos for actual sight unseen. And basically nada freebies or actual examples of models. Seems to be a thing in the Poserverse.

All that being said I think from what I've seen the topology looks pretty good, not that the initial imagery of the figure that you unveiled all those years ago as ExistentialDisorder didn't look good... the latest seems more... minimalistic or refined, definitely different. I can definitely see a careful consideration of edgeflow redirection etc...

I'm curious if you'd humor me with some screen caps of mouth interior parts topology and the eyes too?... it's a personal fetish(?) of mine about those aspects of a Poser figure's construction... Just curious.

Best of luck with this.

Sure.

The body is all one contiguous mesh with the exception of nails, eyes, lashes and tear wells. Even the teeth, gums and tongue are all modeled into the inner mouth pocket and the throat is closed. Same with eye sockets. There's no holes. So he could be morphed into a blob if you wanted. And he's 33K face count, so plenty of mesh to be detailed without being too resource heavy. I do want to reshape the gums a bit as they're a bit too horse shoe and even but it hasn't been a priority just yet and won't take very long but it's on the to-do list. I didn't want to make them separate pieces because that adds more geometry than necessary for the overall figure and if you want to make missing teeth its just a matter of morphing them flat into the gums.

You must have a photographic memory. I'll have to dig back through my old runtimes and see if I still have that original figure. It wasn't long after I first started on it that I had a complete HD failure and lost 90% of everything. I was able to recover some of it but I don't know if that figure was part of it or not because I seem to recall having to start over from scratch. And it was not too long after school so I still had a long road of anatomy to learn and practice.

Even with the most recent images in this thread are outdated next to where he's at now. The geometry has been refined more since those wire frame images from last year.