Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Lighting in Superly (Poser 11)

rokket opened this issue on Jul 11, 2022 ยท 723 posts

hborre posted Mon, 11 July 2022 at 7:31 PM

These are the modifications I made to the lights that come with the set.  Lights 1 and 8 were turned off, they did not contribute anything to the section of hangar I was using.  This is the same area that you used in your render, Rokket.  I wanted to treat this render as close to physically accurate as possible, all lights converted to inverse square with the exception of the area light that lacks this feature.  If you want a longer depth of light then use inverse linear as a choice.  The screencap below is an image of D3D's XLC (eXtended Light Control script) that works very well in P11.  You can find it under Scripts.  It is totally absent in P12.  This will give you an idea of how much I changed the intensity of each light.

The area light was scaled 900,000 %!  Keep in mind, that this is a huge model.  V4 was scaled to 250% to fit the scene a little better.  The area light is a substitute for the HDRI, although I did provide one in the Poser background, I would have needed to increase its intensity to properly illuminate the hangar.