Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Wooohoo ,installed windows XP!!

thgeisel opened this issue on Oct 25, 2001 ยท 37 posts

LaurieA posted Sat, 27 October 2001 at 7:59 AM

Imagine the outcry if Microsoft were to simply stop making Windows. Since most software in the world is made for Windows, we would suddenly have nothing to run these programs on. I'm not a huge fan of Bill Gates, but he's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't. He won't be the ONLY one requesting that you register your software this way, he is just the FIRST. And what about when software becomes totally web based? No cd, nothing tangible for your money. Pay per use...now that's what scares me. Not that the OS could ever be designed that way, but technology will move on for everything. No one forces you to use Windows. No one holds a gun to your head. It's just that the alternatives require all new software and hardware (Macintosh) or almost a degree in computer programming (Linux). Windows is just a choice, not a necessity. For instance, I can choose to use Windows98 for years if I like. I'd never be able to update any of my other software because it will center around the latest OS. But that's the way it has ALWAYS been. Laurie