Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Lighting in Superly (Poser 11)

rokket opened this issue on Jul 11, 2022 ยท 723 posts

primorge posted Tue, 02 August 2022 at 6:53 PM

"Wanna rig my claw sheild for M4."

Well, I'm pretty busy finishing up that mask. Plus work, life stuff. And other unfinished Poser things.

I have a few counter questions;

Is the geometry modeled around a morph shape? That is, did you model this around the base M4 shape, and then have a morph in the claw shield to match the morph shape in m4... as you probably should have. Or did you model it around the morph? That would be something you'd seriously need to consider about the entire outfit. For the claw shield it might not make much of a difference. For the rest? Jeez I don't know. Not a typical workflow. Might or might not make a difference. 

I'd need to look at the topology first of all. I hate autogrouping for rigs, it's gross. I'd want to group it manually. Plus you have fingers involved there. There would need to be a few decent polys between each finger that belongs to the hand group. A child can't have more than one parent.

I'd take a look at it, hands are tricky. But I wouldn't want to disappoint you by flaking out on you.

See what I'm saying?

In any case it wouldn't be something that would be done quickly, then again I could be blowing it out of proportion and it would be a snap. Could go either way.

If you still want to send me it I could take a look and do a test donor transfer this weekend, if you're interested.

If it turned out semi ok, corrective morphs wouldn't be terribly difficult.