Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: New start, New puter, advice?

DarkElegance opened this issue on Aug 13, 2022 ยท 6 posts

DarkElegance posted Fri, 19 August 2022 at 12:09 AM

JVRenderer posted at 2:40 AM Thu, 18 August 2022 - #4442886

Hello DE,

Congratulations on getting a new machine.

"SO I need advice:

1-absolutely the BEST render settings that will get photorealistic results? (both for architectural scenes and also settings for say figure scenes)

2-Best light set (general use) for DS

3-Best texture set for genesis 8? (both female and male)"

Having glanced at your old gallery, I see you like rendering darker scenes. Your scenes are similar to mine (low  lighting). So I will  share what I know to work best with darker renders based on my experience.  I know you are asking for the best, I have used D S for about 5 yr now as a part time hobby, so I might not know the BEST stuff out there, but I hope what I share can get you started.

1. the render setting that I frequently use for my renders :

and

For crispier renders. don't use the denoiser. Change the pixel filter from default 1.5 to 1 or lower.
Set max samples to 5000 or higher. I set mine at 10000. set max time to 0

This may not be the BEST setting, but it should be enough to get rid of the fireflies in your dark renders. Ofcource, you can always stop the render when you feel that your render quality is to your satisfaction.

2. Lights...   I can't give you any suggestions since I've never purchased any light set.  Lighting is very subjective. Every scene requires a different set of light. There are so many variations and it's.  I suggest you learn proper lighting by first understand each DS lighting tool. I watched WP Guru aka Jay Versluis youtube channel.  and photographic lighting tutorials on youtube.

Lighting is 75% of the work you have to put into your scene, so there is no light sets out there that will give you a perfect scene all the time.

3. BEST shaders/textures. This is very subjective.  I can only tell you what I've used and like. I haven't tested all the shaders out there.  I will just suggest a few PA's that I've purchased from.  For G8.1F,I've used ChangelingChick's RozalinaHD, and Mousso's Echo. For G8F, I've used Sangriart, Saiyaness, Mousso, Chevybabe25.  For G8m, I've used Phoenix1966, and Mousso,

I haven't got anything 8.1 yet.

Most of these shaders are quite photo realistic  with the right lighting

Side note: Don't get to hung up on photo realism. Don't give up aesthetics for the sake of realism.  A well made cinematic movie is always prettier than a documentary imho.

Good Luck!

JV

Thank you!! I finally have my NVIDIA and am looking forward to being able to get back into working again with DS.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025