Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Future Developments

MNE opened this issue on Sep 11, 2022 ยท 43 posts

Afrodite-Ohki posted Sun, 18 September 2022 at 10:38 AM

Honestly, I've seen a few people in my admitedly small "inner circle" of Poser friends who also thought P12 was a waste... until they actually used it. The performance and render time improvements made it worth it for them. Like almost all P12 users, I have P11 installed alongside P12, initially to use older python scripts that haven't been ported over to P12 but... I think I haven't loaded P11 in over a year, last time was to check specific version issues a customer had with a product of mine.

I'm waiting for something like Colorcurvature's Poser Morph Loader to be ported over. But if/when we get true Unimesh, I won't need that either.

Still, my thinking is always, keep to the program (or version) that suits you best. I absolutely adore Blender, and by now I think I've spent more on addons for it than a high-end software would have cost me, and I don't go telling people to quit Poser. I'm using both. Hell I've even been learning DS and I'm not dropping Poser - nor am I gonna go into either program's section of the forums to annoy people about how one is better than the other (personally I think all of the three shine bright in different things and I plan on using all of them.)

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.