Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Genesis 9 announcement!

Razor42 opened this issue on Sep 21, 2022 ยท 12 posts

ghosty12 posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 12:37 AM

Razor42 posted at 10:05 PM Wed, 21 September 2022 - #4444994

ghosty12 posted at 9:42 PM Wed, 21 September 2022 - #4444990

Basically Daz have gone back to the old Genesis 1 unified model with Genesis 9.

Lol, Well spotted... Oh and there are a few other differences between this and the Original Genesis figure.

Here are a few I can think off the top of my head:

PBR material sets

Iray support

Dforce support

HD Morph support

An improved mesh

improved rigging

Asymmetry support

Industry standardisation in various areas

Honestly a unified mesh is a far better pathway to product support for a figure. The original Genesis had a number of issues in this area primarily around creating clothing that supported both shapes, but there were a few others too. The idea was solid back in 2011, it just had some technical limitations with the application of the idea to that figure. Hopefully Genesis 9 will resolve these issues giving end users a better experience with the unified mesh than the original Genesis figure delivered in 2011. 

The other major difference is how they have changed where the main facial features such as eyes and mouth aren they are no longer under the head sub tab like it has been for years. They are now in the main tab with the eyelashes and tear. Either way it does look good, but may wait a while before jumping onboard.

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro