Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Genesis 9: Just Too Funny

RobZhena opened this issue on Sep 21, 2022 ยท 17 posts

ssgbryan posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 12:42 AM

And as far as the breast size that you seem so concerned with ssgbryan

That was Rob Zhena, not me (we have the same avatar) and I am pretty sure he was being facetious.

Did they fix the shoulders? Those have been borked in every single DAZ figure since Vicky 1.

8k textures only work in a render if everything is at that level, otherwise uncanny valley, all day, every day, and it looks like hot garbage.  I don't do single image stills, so 8k isn't a plus.  My characters also keep their clothes on, so bending has never been an issue either. 

My issue is that when I have a lot of people in a scene (which is most of them - I do graphic novels); my system (8C\16T, 128Gb, & RTX 3060 12gb) slows to a crawl; 8k texture sets make it worse.  I appreciate you showing me the texture compression tab - I'd look in the documentation, but the documentation is still a complete disaster after all these years.

PendraiaFaeCreations - ram is cheap now.  The correct amount of memory is the maximum amount of memory.  BTW, how did you handle unisex clothing in G1?  I found it to be a nightmare - most of the clothing was still designed for females (zippers, pockets, buttons on the wrong side, pant length, etc).