Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Genesis 9: Just Too Funny

RobZhena opened this issue on Sep 21, 2022 ยท 17 posts

ssgbryan posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 4:42 PM

Razor42 posted at 3:33 AM Thu, 22 September 2022 - #4445017

@ssgbryan Out of curiosity what figure do use currently, just one or do you use a few different base figures? Any chance of a link to some of your graphic novels? I know you used to do some Trekkie stuff but I haven't seen anything for a while.

As far as figures, I use every single figure I have collected since Dec 2004.  I do this because vendors, by and large, don't change very much in their characters - they all look like they are closely related.  This means I need a lot of different base meshes, so I can have many different characters.

When I started working on my stories, my goal was to only use non-DAZ figures.  That didn't work out once I needed anything outside of early 20's Caucasians. The G series has a wide variety of ages and ethnicities, which is critical for what I want to do.  That means I need to use both Poser & DS figures.

My 1st plan of attack was trying to make DS useable, ($600 worth of 3rd party scripts and nearly a year of my time before I gave up) to be roughly feature compatible with Poser 11.  That went out the door when Poser 12 added multiple GPU support to their render engine.

I use DS to prep DS content for use in Poser, so I get the best of both worlds.  Thanks to Riversoft Arts, I can move all of the G figures into either a G8 or G3 base mesh - I have spent months moving figures into the mesh, figuring out how to strip the figures down to what they actually need and dumping all of the excess - and there is a LOT of stuff that simply isn't needed for what I am doing.

With my current situation, my goals have been to streamline my workflow - I had to move from OSX to Win10 - once I groked that, I started cleaning up 17 years of runtimes; getting better with Hexagon as my modeler.  The same can be said of Photoshop - I tried to get everyone in the same outfit, but in the end, it was easier to retexture all of the different outfits to a consistent standard.

I am every excited about Genesis 9 - Gen 8 content is going to get really, really cheap.