Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Genesis 9: Just Too Funny

RobZhena opened this issue on Sep 21, 2022 · 17 posts

Darboshanski posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 5:49 PM

Actually maybe it’s my older eyes but I can’t tell G8,G8.1 and now G9 figures. The G8.1 figures all are being to look the same. Same body shapes, face shapes, textures I haven’t found a a character I like. I tend to go for the characters with slight imperfections, not a super model body and maybe a bit more mature. I liked Sydney 8, I’ve got done from isourceTextures because of the imperfections in the skin, Adam Thwaits (I know I missed spelled his name) again some of his characters have small imperfections, I have two from KrashWerks they are somewhat more mature and I have two on the wishlist here. Most I find the textures too smooth and porcelain like, some makeup options have strange colors schemes and applied funny and some have eye colours I’ve never seen before and these are not Fantasy figures.

I wasn’t using DS when the Genesis figure was released so I can’t join in the excitement over G9. I most likely will not purchase this figure. I never updated to 4.20 because I still see too many complaints about the software after all this time. The PC I built has served me well I never do scenes with more then two G8 figures. If I do by chance want  to upgrade my graphics cards and more memory I have more then enough to do so. But I just can’t bring myself to do so for a hobby. 

Maybe G9 will be a wonderful figure for those that do professional work but not for a hobbyist like me. If Daz is creating content that requires a super computer the hardware cost will put it out of reach for the average hobbyist. I watched this happen with Vue (which I loved) the software just became too pricey. 

My Facebook Page