Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Genesis 9: Just Too Funny

RobZhena opened this issue on Sep 21, 2022 ยท 17 posts

PendraiaFaeCreations posted Thu, 22 September 2022 at 6:36 PM

ssgbryan posted at 12:42 AM Thu, 22 September 2022 - #4445003

PendraiaFaeCreations - ram is cheap now.  The correct amount of memory is the maximum amount of memory.  BTW, how did you handle unisex clothing in G1?  I found it to be a nightmare - most of the clothing was still designed for females (zippers, pockets, buttons on the wrong side, pant length, etc).

I didn't use a huge amount of female clothing on Male as there was quite a few nice male products but sometimes even in real clothing shops things are incorrect these days. Lots of crossdressing...I don't know that the younger gen would even think about stuff like that.

Unfortunately or fortunately I'm fully retired since covid as teaching became too hazardous. My income is now a lot lower than it was so I'm more careful with my spending. I would like to get a newer card but they are hard to get I believe from what I've heard. RAM would come second to that.

Just a point on the 8000 textures...Mattymanx pointed out over at Daz forums that it's only some of the maps not all and also mainly on the detail maps like normals.

If you can load a figure like V4 which is a lot denser mesh with all the morphs loaded you probably won't have a problem with genesis 9 that's my thoughts for what they're worth.

I'm quite pleased to see a unisex figure more for character creation than concern about clothing as I manually convert what I need as I need it these days. Half an hour in zbrush is all it takes normally unless it's a very complex item. 

That said if PA's do custom morphs for the base male and female I'll be happy...