Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf opened this issue on Oct 27, 2008 ยท 13933 posts

primorge posted Sun, 23 October 2022 at 6:54 AM

odf posted at 9:43 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447334

primorge posted at 8:44 PM Sat, 22 October 2022 - #4447326

Being that I'm not a realism renderer (whatever the eff that is, none this looks real to begin with) I don't use refraction.

I remember my dad, who unlike me has enjoyed a classic art education, visit me one day when I was in my early twenties, see one of my paintings on the wall in which I took a lot of liberty with the colors and shapes, and tell me that it was a great painting, but that I wasn't allowed to paint like that until I had studied and practiced for years. He literally used the word "allowed", but German isn't his first language and maybe the Spanish expression in his head did not sound quite so harsh. Anyway, I'm kind of applying that to my renders now. Learn as much as I can about how to make them more realistic (and there's no such thing as realistic - only *more* realistic at best) before I allow myself to throw all that out and just go for whatever look the piece at hand requires.

I understand that approach. I think the analogy between fine art disciplines and 3d rendering might be a bit attenuated when discussing Poser. In any event I enjoyed a classic/fine arts education, excelled at life drawing and life sculpture classes, graduated with a 3.8 average, won the fletcher cup award, and sold out my first show. Now I'm an old man that uses crappy Firefly and Poser and couldn't give a damn what a handful of Poser folks that might be left think about the rules of proper art lol.