Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: buy for poser from daz3d

mr_red opened this issue on Nov 03, 2022 ยท 11 posts

NikKelly posted Sat, 05 November 2022 at 9:51 PM

I only use DS for exporting props that choke / confuse 'DSF Tools', will not allow 'install manager' near it.

So, manual down-loads are the way to go. Also means you can steer files to a directory of your choice, un-pack / un-tangle / thumb-nail / trawl / convert them at your leisure. Beside a zoo of 'SORTED' folders from P4 days, from before Poser and DS diverged, I've 25+ folders, each with 10~~20 sub-folders of DAZ etc DS 'stuff'. Mostly 'budget' or freebies, but you're never quite sure what there'll be. Sometimes OBJs / PP2s are bundled, save me porting DSF...

Sadly, another DAZ 'gotcha' is when they fetch a 'classic' from their archive and the product page says, 'templates available from forum' or similar. They'll have long since purged that forum and, typically, the artist has long since lost their file...

Since I got several such in succession, and put in a grim ticket, DAZ have done better. Happily, though DAZ could not provide templates, I've usually managed to match the mapped textures to their OBJ's default UV-unwrap by one of several 'classic' utilities.

FWIW, though DS' UI gives me a prompt migraine, here's my 'strip map' for exporting DUF/DSF props from DS format as OBJ+MTL. Although describes single props, readily adapted to groups / scenes...

https://www.deviantart.com/nik-2213/art/Porting-DAZ-Studio-props-to-Poser-friendly-OBJ-MTL-911478576