Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Please make Poser 11 FREE!

emjay247 opened this issue on Nov 16, 2022 ยท 27 posts

EClark1894 posted Fri, 25 November 2022 at 5:56 AM

ssgbryan posted at 8:20 PM Sat, 19 November 2022 - #4449622

A_Sunbeam posted at 3:48 AM Fri, 18 November 2022 - #4449498

I need to upgrade to Big Sur etc - but after many attempts I haven't been able to get it. I'll try again, Poser 12 won't run on Mojave, which is my current OS. The most recent OS will not run on this iMac.
There is your problem.  Apple is leaving the PC realm and moving back to the bad old days of a walled garden, with very little software available to it.

Your choices are pretty simple - move to Apple Silicon (good luck with that), or move to a PC.

Move to the dark side - we have both cookies and performance (for a fraction of the price of the mac).  It isn't until after you leave that you really understand how much performance you gave up.  I am still kicking myself for not leaving in 2017, instead of waiting on Timmy & Sir I don't understand the laws of thermodynamics to deliver a replacement for the 5,1 Mac Pro.

Apple was never a "walled" garden. In fact, many of the programs that we still use today like Photoshop and even Poser itself were initially made with the Mac in mind. However, overtime, and as Windows improved, programs that were once made for the Mac, migrated over the PC side. Truthfully, having tried my hand at programming for the Mac in my early days, I can understand why.

I had to eventually migrate over myself, but it wasn't due to a shortage of programs for the Mac. It was a number of things really, but mostly Apple's constant "upgrading" of the MacOS. I couldn't keep up.