Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Python Scripts

rokket opened this issue on Dec 30, 2022 ยท 28 posts

rokket posted Fri, 30 December 2022 at 12:47 PM

feecozen posted at 11:26 AM Fri, 30 December 2022 - #4452749

(NOTE: I use a Mac, so the process may or may not be the same on Windows.)

Open the Poser 11 APPLICATION's folder. In its Runtime folder, locate the Python folder. In the Python folder, locate the poserScripts folder, and within that, the ScriptsMenu folder. Drag the script file you want to add into the ScriptsMenu folder (e.g., for EZSkin3, that would be the EZSkin3.pyc file). Quit and relaunch Poser, and the new script should be available in Poser's Scripts menu. Click to run it.

BTW, when I add a new script, I copy the entire Python folder to another location on my drive, since reinstalling Poser could overwrite the application's Runtime, and thus the Python folder within it, with a fresh version that wouldn't contain the scripts I've added. The copy can then be dragged into Poser's Runtime and my added scripts will be included again. Also, be aware that Poser 11 uses Python 2, but Poser 12 replaced that with Python 3, so Poser 11 scripts that haven't been upgraded won't work in Poser 12 (a main reason I'm sticking with Poser 11).

Hope this helps.

No such luck. It's not showing...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.