Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: Python Scripts

rokket opened this issue on Dec 30, 2022 ยท 28 posts

rokket posted Sun, 01 January 2023 at 8:03 PM

RedPhantom posted at 3:11 PM Sun, 1 January 2023 - #4452862
rokket posted at 12:48 PM Sun, 1 January 2023 - #4452858
RedPhantom posted at 12:33 PM Sun, 1 January 2023 - #4452855

To add more pallets, you need to edit the mainButtons.py file in a text editor (don't use Word). Lines 8 and 9 load 2 new pallets called custombuttons.py and custom2.py respectively. Those pallets are set up in the same format. I think I just made copies of the mainbuttons.py and edited them. You can find the mainbuttons.py in Runtime\Python\poserScripts under the folder where Poser is installed (as opposed to your content runtime).

import poser

poser.DefineScriptButton(1,  ":Runtime:Python:poserScripts:PythonPalette:geomModButtons.py", "Geom Mods")
poser.DefineScriptButton(2,  ":Runtime:Python:poserScripts:PythonPalette:utilityButtons.py", "Utility Funcs")
poser.DefineScriptButton(3,  ":Runtime:Python:poserScripts:PythonPalette:callbackButtons.py", "Sample Callbacks")
poser.DefineScriptButton(4,  ":Runtime:Python:poserScripts:PythonPalette:renderButtons.py", "Render / IO")
poser.DefineScriptButton(5,  ":Runtime:Python:poserScripts:PythonPalette:materialModButtons.py", "Material Mods")
poser.DefineScriptButton(6,  ":Runtime:Python:poserScripts:PythonPalette:printInfoButtons.py", "Print Info")
poser.DefineScriptButton(7,  ":Runtime:Python:poserScripts:PythonPalette:propButtons.py", "Prop Samples")
poser.DefineScriptButton(8,  ":Runtime:Python:poserScripts:custombuttons.py", "Custom")
poser.DefineScriptButton(9,  ":Runtime:Python:poserScripts:custom2.py", "More")
poser.DefineScriptButton(10, ":Runtime:Python:PoserScripts:clearButtons.py", "Clear Buttons")

So if I add the buttons to include the EZSkin3 PYC, do I need it to be in the scripts menu folder, or just in the poserScripts folder?
You shouldn't need to move it. Just make sure the path is correct.
Ok, thanks. I am going to make that edit right now...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.