Forum: MarketPlace Customers

Subject: Feedback on the new Marketplace format

efgnow opened this issue on Feb 13, 2023 ยท 63 posts

lauraguo posted Tue, 14 February 2023 at 10:01 AM

@amster33 - Nice catch regarding the time, thank you for reporting that :)

@slam - yeah, unfortunately there will be some growing pains with the new design. But, we hope it works out better in the long run.

@3-DArena, @RFreise - Team decision is to open in the same tab. Rationale is that the user can choose to open in a new tab (I use middle mouse click, or right click + open in new tab. There are multiple ways of doing this on desktop and mobile, you can Google those if you want) but, if we force open in a new tab, there's no way the user can force it to open in the same tab. I'm sorry, but that's the decision for now :( 

@amster33, @maiden_of_darkness - We'll change it to let you see retired product pages (not sure when dev team can get to it, but it'll be in the pipeline). My apologies for the inconvenience :( This was not a conscious decision though, just something that slipped past (please see last paragraph).

@Catmandus - We're online 9-5 Central Timezone, so please expect a response from marketplace then. We're a small team, so we do ask for your patience. Thanks :)

Okay--there's a lot of stuff here (and likely more comments to come) so I'm dipping out for now to go and code more.

Thanks everyone for commenting and leaving feedback, we really appreciate it. Please remember we completely re-wrote the code, so there are things here and there that we didn't get to re-create perfectly (like the vendor dropdown) not because there was some conscious decision, but just because we're human (didn't know people use something a certain way, thought some implementation would be sufficient, overlooked a detail, etc.), so we appreciate your patience as we aggregate and implement the feedback. :)