Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: support for unimesh figures will not be included in Poser 13

MNE opened this issue on Feb 25, 2023 ยท 163 posts

hornet3d posted Thu, 02 March 2023 at 9:45 PM

I love to play with the materials in Poser and to kit bash many of the outfits but I accept that I may well be in the minority of Poser users.  I love Superfly but accept that it did raise a few problems when using Firefly materials particularly when is came to figures but life has moved on.  These days it is fairly easy to  easy to find a character with Superfly materials and there are scripts with can make a decent job of converting Firefly materials to Superfly at the click of a button.  OK it is another script but if that is what is needed to keep the cost of the main program down and let users fine tune their own installation then so be it.   The truth is that Firefly still works and there are few hurdles to using Superfly if that is what users prefer.  These days Poser provides a powerful piece of software that is relatively stable and at a cost not beyond the pocket of the average hobbyist.  Of course it can be improved but by using the scripts available it can be tuned to do a great deal more at minimal cost.

So far Bondware have, I believe, made a relatively good job of cleaning up Poser and adding to the existing program.  I am happy to buy Poser 13 based upon their efforts with Poser so far and to use scripts to make the program even more powerful yet easier to use.  It has come a long way since Poser 5 and, for me at least, it has been a journey of both fun and discovery.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.