Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: support for unimesh figures will not be included in Poser 13

MNE opened this issue on Feb 25, 2023 ยท 163 posts

Afrodite-Ohki posted Sun, 05 March 2023 at 1:33 PM

JoePublic posted at 7:06 AM Sun, 5 March 2023 - #4457702

I haven't heard Radio since I got a Casette Recorder in 1980.

I wasn't in a cinema since I could afford a Video Recorder in 1982.

I don't own a TV (Or a record player, a casette recorder or a video recorder) since I bought my first PC in 2000.

I stopped physical scale modelling since I started doing 3D modelling.

(I still collect vintage scale modelling kits, though)

Yes, because the success of everything in the world spins around your specific bellybutton.

Sorry, I know no kinder way of saying that your single personal experience doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. You might move on, and you're very much allowed to. It doesn't change things for everyone else. My father listens to radio 8+ hours a day, and he STARTED doing that a couple years ago. Up until I separated from my ex-husband, we'd go to the movie theater so much we had a collection of cinema cups themed around the movies we'd watch. And it's not out of nostalgia: I'm 37 and those were mostly Marvel superhero movie cups.

To your predictions, I say only: humans NEED art. Humans need to create, and to imagine. Tech can come to make entire movies with AI perhaps, people won't stop making them by hand anyway, because our mental health requires art. To make it or to consume it. Industry has created many ways to automatize almost all sorts of crafts, and that hasn't stopped people from crafting anyway. If it stops being profitable, it  will still be done simply because it pleases us  to do.

And we don't know Poser's endgame, but have we ever stopped to think that they can be simply trying their best to get back up to speed with a program that was abandoned for years, after having gone through several different companies and becoming a messy amalgamation of mixed up code? And all that with what seems to be a very small team for such a large task. They might just be fixing up this and that before they can bring out something new. (DISCLAIMER: I am not a Bondware employee, contrary to what people might think. This is me CONJECTURATING, opinions only.)

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.