Forum: New Poser Users Help

Subject: Not New But Senile

Rhyull opened this issue on Jan 10, 2023 ยท 26 posts

terry0 posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 1:17 AM

bagginsbill posted at 9:54 AM Wed, 11 January 2023 - #4453642

Poser Pro 2012 is from the year 2011.

Let's clear this up: There are several different "lines" of Poser software. There's plain old "Poser", there's the enhanced series called "Poser Pro", and there's the stripped-down "Poser Debut".

Updates to Poser and Poser Pro usually appeared together with similar software at the core of both.

lol

Thanks for clearing that up. I was twixt and between and I know I lost a drive somewhere too.

But, got my serial from an old email, lost that too and it only lives on an old iPhone very tenuously at that.

So, after a quick upgrade I am now at Poser 12 (actual) and ready for 13 when it shows.

Yay me.

Then off to my account orders, thank you Renderosity, 5.7 gigs of content, remember that lost drive, last purchase 2018. Oh, dear. 

I can barely get Andy in the setting much less make that the default for practice. 

I've already made peace with the loss of nifty stuff done and the stuff from that other program that free one. Senile, no, just sometimes lose words.

One question, got a dir of downloaded zip files now, don't have the utilities that I used to use (poorly) and never could figure out how to manipulate the runtimes and such much less how to get them where I could call them from the file thing, sometimes I had thumbnails and sometimes not. So square pegs went into round holes. Also 4 year hiatus.

Is that something doable or is there a new third party loader?

Thanks in advance.