Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why hasn't the official POSER13 forum been launched yet?

MNE opened this issue on Jan 24, 2023 ยท 47 posts

cabled posted Sat, 11 March 2023 at 12:16 PM

EClark1894 posted at 10:49 AM Sat, 11 March 2023 - #4458117

... and start working to bring in new ones.

With what?  At this point the only thing Poser has going for it is the easy to use interface.  It has very little compelling content*, it doesn't bridge easily to *anything* any more as near as I can tell (and if it does, bondware can't be bothered to write any decent tutorials on how), its export tools are abysmal, and of its render engines, one dates back 6 or 7 versions at least and the other is a sorta-implemented version of another developer's. (Though the new surface implementation in P12 was at least a step in the right direction.)

More and more I see less reasons to use it stand alone, and no reason to use it in any kind of pipeline.

Lot of people don't want to hear that, but it's the truth as I see it.  I love Poser, been a user since P4, bought every version from P7 to P11 though probably could have stayed with 2014.  Couldn't see what P12 brought to my table.  Can't, at this point, see what 13 is going to either but maybe they'll surprise me.  Even hope only has value for so long though.

(* If not for the miles deep content catalogue of V4/M4 I think poser would have faded out long ago.  I wouldn't be surprised if they are still the most used poser figures.  Once upon a time Poser and DAZ needed each other...now Poser just needs DAZ, tough as that is to hear.)

I'll be over here now trying on my new outfit as "most reviled person on the message boards..."