Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: support for unimesh figures will not be included in Poser 13

MNE opened this issue on Feb 25, 2023 ยท 163 posts

ssgbryan posted Sun, 12 March 2023 at 11:12 AM

No.

Vendors at 'Rosity only make what they are personally interested in.  Look at the store right now - All skankware, all the time.  If I am not interested in that - why would I shop here? 

If I want to do images that don't revolve around an early 20's Caucasian, why would I use Poser?  The Poser userbase has shrunk for a reason and it isn't just that GenZ doesn't do computers.  They do phones & tablets - neither of which has the horses to do what Poser or DS artists do.

There is a reason people moved to DS - there is a much wider variety of products over there than there is at 'Rosity.  Daz has themes that they have built upon for at least 15 years, that I am personally aware of.  It is more than just skankware.  Poser doesn't have that, because even though the people running 'Rosity now own Poser - they don't have an in house set of content creators to provide anything that the vendors are not personally interested in making.  They don't have the ability to build up themes, like Daz's Egypt collection, for example.

That being said - if Taffi (Daz's parent company) goes bellyup, other possibilities may emerge....

They banked with Silicon Valley Bank.  If you are unaware, Peter Thiel apparently caused a bank run, and the FDIC had to take it over Friday.  Taffi apparently has no access to money right now, and depending on how this is handled on Mon, there is a chance they won't be able to make payroll.