Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: The figure to be included as a Default Scene for Poser 13

MNE opened this issue on Mar 04, 2023 ยท 93 posts

randym77 posted Tue, 14 March 2023 at 2:13 AM

AmbientShade posted at 7:45 PM Mon, 13 March 2023 - #4458359

Honest question:

Why don't more people learn how to create content?

It's not rocket science.

For me...it requires an attention to detail that I simply do not enjoy. It's not my forte. I'm a big picture person, not a detail person. I'd rather pay someone to do it for me.

There's also quite a learning curve. I have tried. PhilC had a bunch of tools for clothing creation that I bought, and I made a few dynamic items, but none of them were good enough for even free stuff.

I've also tried modeling. I've tried a bunch of different programs, including zBrush, Shade, Wings, Cararra. I've made stuff, but it was awful. Way too many polys. The only software I had any success with was Anim8or. I have used Microstation for 3d modeling in my day job, but it's not real compatible with Poser. I'm planning to give Blender a try, but I don't expect to make anything worth sharing. I'm just hoping to make stuff to use in my own renders.  Never mind the headache of packing it for distribution.

Then there's textures. IMO, textures really make the render. I have Photoshop, and I've made some of my own textures, but I'd never share them, because they just aren't good enough. Especially for human figures...textures are a pain. I'm more than willing to pay someone to do it for me.