Forum: Animation

Subject: CGI replaces live actor

benwhe opened this issue on Mar 23, 2023 ยท 13 posts

benwhe posted Sat, 25 March 2023 at 7:25 AM

Good discussion Warlock279 thank you. Your second paragraph is about little movements. I understand this would be hard to pull off if the model were manually edited. But can a model be programed to walk? Can a program be written to automatically make those little movements? And if output is not perfect, go back and tweak. Your paragraph does not convince me. But the problem still exists, so maybe you are somehow correct anyway.

You answered my question perfectly. Oh no, you did exactly what I asked for. And now I tweak my question. What I'm looking for is realistic CGI 3D animated model human character, to act in video. To avoid copyright problems, the model should not look like any specific person. The video should not look like any previously published video. But this topic should be about model, not video. Or maybe a better topic would be the automatic animation of a model. Actually, this is animation forum. The references you gave me are about inserting models that look like specific people, into live video. That is close to what I am looking for and is good for reference. Disclaimer. I am not expert in this topic. I do not intend to make a commercial movie.