Forum: Animation

Subject: CGI replaces live actor

benwhe opened this issue on Mar 23, 2023 ยท 13 posts

benwhe posted Mon, 27 March 2023 at 2:11 AM

Yes, video game is a good way to summarise what I said. I liked sim city. Then I got newer version, which required online activation. So I threw it away and lost my like for Maxis and never got the Sims.

Moving on now. I will reset, and ignore just about everything you said in previous posts. Most of that was relevant then, it answered my question.

I still have my target near a realistic model/animation and might hit that in future. I will take what I can get for now. Even a stick figure. And that will fool little children, some think cartoon characters are real. But you probably define fool to mean model is indistinguishable (in eyes of expert) from real object human.

Now, portrait models of human exist, are practical, and can fool. Good start. To fool with animation of human model, AI and computer power need to be improved.

Next sub-topic: What I can actually do now. Renderosity has many models that make nice protrait. But what to do with the model when I get it? I might use some general software to change filetype and color. Maybe do some simple deformations. To do more, I will need special model-specific software and skills for that.

I use linux so that limits my software to blender. Blender GUI is too hard to learn, I prefer script. But my old bpy script will not work on new blender version. One solution is to pay for, get, online activation, and learn: MS windows, Poser, DAZ, etc. I tried most of those.

Or I could make movie using portrait models floating around without animation. This seems to be my best choice for now.

I did use script and various programs to create model of human and house. And I can view that model from various angles and zoom. That is all I can do, I wish I could do more.