Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 13 Release

arrow1 opened this issue on Mar 23, 2023 ยท 89 posts

vopehov506 posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 2:59 PM

To be honest ( Jokes aside ) my personal opinion would of been pushing poser a little into a direction where the market is growing, rather then separating it self even more. Would be a real nightmare if truespace starts to get more popular then poser again ( Don't you think )  I mean, these announced updates will sure not bring back creators, in contrary, they keep on leaving Poser. It is sure to appreciate what the team is willing to do for poser but if I read that artists like DreamlandModels are preparing to leave Poser support there is something going terribly wrong.

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2930350/movie-setscity-block-set-products-to-be-reworked-for-daz

I am not a great fan of Daz Studio and would prefer to see Poser grow again a little, also for my own sake!  The way all is leading now seems to be hopeless and often I think my self if I should start modeling for DS rather then for Poser. 

Renderosity is making the most profit on selling Products and the way it looks DS is the major income, I have no Idea if Renderosity could survive with just Poser, I sure doubt it. Would this new owner of poser concentrate a little more on the real marketing interests then it might have a chance to get popular again. Lets say that it might be after some little thoughts considering a cross-compatibility with DS, This might prevent loosing the last Creators, Removing this tracking call home activation system, as we know SM lost already allot of poser enthusiasts just due this system in the past, one should be able to learn about mistakes others have done and not making them worse. 

Poser creations are not shared on pirate sites anymore, probably most other poser creators experience the same atm, sure is a positive aspect, but considering that there are no sales how could this happen anyway, so there is no interest anymore along the whole road. 

I am not sure how you feel if you are a creator for Poser, personally I feel really bad about it and loosing all motivation that is left the way it is going right now. I hope that Poser Software will not only realize the issue when it will be to late, if it is not already. The few in here are sure not going to be the reason for Poser to survive in this market and Renderosity is probably one of the last marketplaces who offers new Poser models others took down there section or closed there sites, some still alive but stopped productions.

I believe that just little things would bring up poser back to live but sure not the way it is done atm. I feel sorry that I can't afford my self investing into these poser releases, not the way it is going atm.  Many friends I made in 3D that started with Poser left meanwhile either to DS, Blender, some even just quit. Most of them probably think that I am stuck in Poser not willing to invest my creativity into something more popular ( There probably right ) Might be a little lazy trying something else, or just tired. 

I just wonder, How great can poser become without enthusiastic creators. Mimic already was releases over a decade ago and these talking models were not the reason for popularity.

Sorry if I give the Impression to rant, It just made me feel really bad after reading the Dreamland model thread !