Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 13 Release

arrow1 opened this issue on Mar 23, 2023 ยท 89 posts

AmbientShade posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 3:51 PM

vopehov506 posted at 2:59 PM Tue, 28 March 2023 - #4459807

Sorry if I give the Impression to rant, It just made me feel really bad after reading the Dreamland model thread !   

Just for perspective, that thread is over 4 years old (January 2019). Poser has had 2 version updates since then, 12 and now 13.

Poser will always be a smaller market than DS purely because DS and its base models are free.

I have said in the past that Poser should bring back Debut and offer it for free. That way people are not saddled with an entry fee just to be able to pose and render the content they purchase. That would give it a much more competitive advantage to other apps like Blender and DS that have a much broader audience at zero upfront cost. There can be other features that are restricted to the premium version if you want to go that route but since most users do not seem interested in the content creation tools why should they be forced to pay for them? Give them a free stage to play with the content they buy and make the premium version more robust for content creators to build and market their content to their audience. Rosity is after all a content broker first. If they don't like the idea of just giving away Debut, then they could include it as a perk of the Prime membership.

Just my opinions.