Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 13 Release

arrow1 opened this issue on Mar 23, 2023 ยท 89 posts

hornet3d posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 9:56 AM

I have been using Poser for 20 plus years with almost all the updates along the way and that includes Game Dev.  Each new update will appeal, or not, dependant on what is new and how each artist uses it.  Big changes for me have been the introduction of Sub Surface Scattering and Superfly while Poser 12 allowed me to use my CPU to render and cut render times but equally gave me the opportunity to create more complex scenes.  If Poser 13 further increases render speeds I can again increase the complexity of the scenes.

In the old days I used to have to run Poser overnight even for a relatively basic render, these days I can render fairly complex scenes in Superfly in 30 minutes.  With progress like that I am not about to complain about Poser or miss the possibility to upgrade to Poser 13 at the earliest opportunity.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.