Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Genesis woman

drawn opened this issue on Mar 29, 2023 ยท 22 posts

Ken1171_Designs posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 3:29 PM

As far as I know, it is still possible to simply export Genesis 1 and 2 straight from DAZ Studio by using their free CR2 exporting plugin. It hasn't been updated in ages, but neither have Gen1 and Gen2. As for G3 and 8, they use a different rigging, and bringing them to Poser is harder. There were tutorials here at the Rendo forums on how to do it, but I think Gen3 required special tools.   

However, I personally think it's no use to bring Genesis to Poser, because we lose everything the platform offers. If I want to use Genesis, I do it in DS where she has all the bells and whistles. Remember - Genesis is not a figure - it's a platform. They had to create a new DS version from scratch just for her, and it won't work in any older DS versions. They even introduced a new DUF file format (JSON) just for Genesis support. Genesis 1 and 2 use traditional TriAx rigging, while 3 and 8 use "Simple Bone" game engine rigging, where ball-joint joints need to have 2 bones to compensate for the single weight map per joint limitation. This is why Gen1 and 2 are easier to export to Poser, and 3 and 8 are not. That's it in a nutshell.   

For those who keep asking Genesis to work in Poser, that would be the quickest way to get sued by DAZ for IP infringement. Poser cannot legally use or support any of it without infringing copyright law. Anyone who makes a figure that looks like the same shape as any of the DAZ figures would also be sued pretty quickly by DAZ. It has happened at least twice in the past that I know of. So asking Poser to support Genesis is silly. 

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!