Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Advertising going wrong

Y-Phil opened this issue on Mar 15, 2023 ยท 38 posts

Ken1171_Designs posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 5:15 PM

I have a long history of developing contents for both Poser and DS, but I have to admit the sheer amount of DAZ contents can be overwhelming to me. Some people even claimed Rendo had become a "DAZ outlet", and it's understandable based on the contents we see on the store. It can be a struggle to search for Poser contents at Rendo.   

However, this comes to no surprise to me. The moment Bondware acquired Poser from SMS, I asked myself how would they reconcile that with the massive amounts of DAZ contents that dominate their store? Wouldn't this become a conflict of interest? After all, Rendo is now the home for Poser, but it's literally buried under products from the competition. For once, DAZ won't allow products from competing companies to sell at their store - I assume to avoid conflicts of interest exactly like this. A recent example are how figures from Hivewire3D (and related contents) are simply not allowed at DAZ.   

I imagine Rendo will have to make a stand for Poser at some point, but what I think holds them back is how much DAZ contents sell here. Poser would have to establish a comparable market to be competitive, but the flood of DAZ contents makes it difficult. Like said above, it's like advertising for the competition. A conflict of interest.

My Store at Renderosity

My Store at PoserSoftware

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!