Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Are you impressed with Poser 13 ?

enigma-man opened this issue on Mar 30, 2023 ยท 132 posts

hornet3d posted Sun, 02 April 2023 at 2:10 PM

stachelzelle posted at 7:32 AM Sun, 2 April 2023 - #4460477

i'm not really impressed, hasn't they said something about a new female figure based on a new unimesh that would come with poser 13 ? i mean, updating the renderer is a nice gimmik but the biggest issue is still the lack of good base characters. LaFemme/Homme aren't really competitive, not even against the old V4/M4. why do they still hold on to it, i can't understand it ...

If you are looking for a new figure then i can see why you would not be impressed by Poser 13.  If I change the figure I use in the short term it would be to Dawn 2, when available, so the lack of a new Poser figure does not have any impact for me.  What I do know is that a lot of us are having fun with Poser 13 (have a look at the Poser 13 renders thread), the shorter render times encourages you to experiment more.  I already have a lot I want to experiment with and I have only being playing with it for two days.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.