Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Mar 31, 2023 ยท 1986 posts

Thalek posted Mon, 10 April 2023 at 10:38 PM

Y-Phil posted at 9:38 AM Mon, 10 April 2023 - #4461535

And if you don't want to use a second layer, a simple Color_math node, with its argument set to Multiply, can give the result you want, especially if the non-tattoo part is completely white.

I decided not to deal with layers when I saw what kind of bowl of spaghetti was used with the original tattoo(s).  One new thing at a time, right?

I was doing pretty well following your instructions (even puzzled out how to add the second tattoo I hadn't noticed by joining it to the first with another Color Math node) until I came across PrincipledBSDF2.  I could not find an example of that anywhere in Poser 13 and the BSDF shaders I could find didn't look enough like yours for me to assume equivalency. I've got the tattoos ready, the bump map ready, the skin texture ready. Once I find that one node, I can plug them all into it, and then into the Cycles surface.  This was all done on an earlier version of the scene before I did the same in the final version.

Your demonstration examples looked very good, btw. The tattoos on her arms blended in quite naturally.