Forum: Poser 13

Subject: Show your Poser 13 renders!

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Mar 31, 2023 ยท 1986 posts

Y-Phil posted Fri, 14 April 2023 at 10:35 AM

Thalek posted at 10:08 AM Fri, 14 April 2023 - #4462149

Thanks!  You've always given me good advice over the years.

I heard the term "compute capability" for the first time about twelve hours ago.  My board is a 3.0, of course.  And my preliminary research is showing that not every sales site reports the compute capability as part of the specs. I just LOVE the news that the model numbers don't imply better capabilities with higher model numbers, of course.  Why would anyone want it simple and easy? 

Tentative research indicates I may need to upgrade my power supply, as well. And Microsoft tells me that my processor won't work with Windows 11, so I imagine that's another deadline I'm facing.  [wry smile]

Yeah.  I suspect that rendering would get a little problematic if I did that on two different copies at the same time.  I don't have liquid cooling, and I probably don't have enough fans to air cool a tortured CPU trying to do that.  "Och, Cap'n, but the solder's starting to melt! Can we back it doon to a mere 150% of the power rating?"

I have a talent for breaking software.  I already broke the layers preview display just by trying to get a closer look at what I was doing.  [wry smile]  Even managed to have my layer display properly in Pose room and disappear utterly in the thumbnail when I saved it. As they accidentally introduced a bug in the Superfly rendering on the second release, I'm really looking forward to the third release.

I'm glad that even different versions of the same major release can play nicely if they take turns.  I would have thought that each one would write over the preferences and such of which ever one had been used previously.

Well, off to bed, and then, when I'm awake again, I'll get back to creating material layers for Shana's Inked series. Think I'll give 'em to her soul mate so he can distribute them as freebies if he likes.

Thanks again, Charles.

John

You could also imagine to do a few steps, one after the other, not a full jump forward:

- first: the case: replace the old with one with better air flows, B-Quiet's are good candidates
- then: the power supply
- a video card

Win10 is supported till next year, at least. More details here.

๐’ซ๐’ฝ๐“Ž๐“

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ

๐Ÿ‘ฟ Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Mac Mini M2, 16GB, 500GB SSD
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Nas 10TB
๐Ÿ‘ฟ Poser 13 and soon 14 โค๏ธ