Forum: Poser 13

Subject: My Poser 13 review is online

AcePyx opened this issue on Apr 10, 2023 ยท 140 posts

AmbientShade posted Sat, 15 April 2023 at 10:08 AM

JoePublic posted at 1:43 AM Fri, 14 April 2023 - #4462129

Sorry, but I find the native Poser figures since Poser 6 COMPLETELY unuseable. Some of them I made "beareable" with a lot of work (I've even managed to "un-ugly" Alyson), but for the most part they aren't worth my time.

Yet this all could have been avoided, as Poser is perfectly capeable to support high quality meshes with it's rigging system.

Most any figure Poser comes with can be customized to whatever extent you want to take it, often without a whole lot of effort. People used to do that all the time but creativity seems to have left the building and it's become more fun to criticize every aspect of the program and its content instead of being artists and making it your own, which is what the primary purpose of any figure actually is. 

I turned Roxie into something I preferred, mostly just using body scales to adjust proportions and a bit of zbrushing on her face. It took all of a couple hours back in PP2014. I've adjusted things off and on since then, and the other day ran across her again so decided to experiment with converting her default skin to cycles. She borrowed Miki2's hair and P13's copy morphs tool snapped her bathing suit right to her new shape once I converted it to an FBM - which has just been a cluster of scales and zbrush up until that point - and applied one of Alyson's poses. Sure, her shoulders and fingers could still use some work and I'm not crazy about her face but it's 99% a test project anyway so imagine what someone who actually knew what they were doing could produce if they bothered to try.