Forum: Poser 13

Subject: My Poser 13 review is online

AcePyx opened this issue on Apr 10, 2023 ยท 140 posts

MazinkaiserDX posted Sun, 16 April 2023 at 10:35 AM

parkdalegardener posted at 5:18 AM Sun, 16 April 2023 - #4462326

I read it; but will happily ignore everything else you have to say. You have never used the software and thus your post on the function of Poser, and how to use and improve it; are completely useless similar to many of the other posts in this thread. This thread does make for good entertainment each morning while I drink my morning coffee; but has no direct impact on my upgrading from P12 or switching to DAZ. I've watched these amusing threads for years but I still use Poser. Silly me.

No idea about the kind of work that you do with Poser but if you are happy enough with it and the current state of Poser, great for you. Can't speak for others here but at least my goal wasn't trying to stop you from upgrading to P13 or switching to Daz, if that's the impression you got then I feel you didn't get the point. As far as I can see, myself included even though I haven't used Poser yet, the whole point is wanting Poser to be better. That you are content with its current state doesn't change the objective facts that Poser is nowhere near as popular as the other similar apps out there. If you think that's fine because it works for you, you are probably wrong. Sure, Bondware released P12 and P13 but for how long can they continue supporting Poser in its current state or if it keeps getting worse? And it's a fact you can see just by the amount of content made for it, specially figure-wise because people making things like props and environments can simply "double-dip" making it for Daz and Poser. The amount and how much it actually sells what actually gets made.

And yes, not having used Poser I definitely can't speak about the upgrades the app itself needs or doesn't, but it really doesn't matter if it doesn't have the content to back it up anyway, which is why I think they need to do something about that first. I haven't used Poser but I do use Renderosity quite a bit so I believe I can talk about the vast difference there is in content made for Daz vs Poser.