Forum: Poser 13

Subject: My Poser 13 review is online

AcePyx opened this issue on Apr 10, 2023 ยท 140 posts

Nevertrumper posted Tue, 18 April 2023 at 4:45 AM

blackbonner posted at 9:36 AM Sat, 15 April 2023 - #4462238

@Nevertrumper, I would like to know what collar pattern (I asume you meant Color) you talked about.
This Image is rendered in P13 and was not touched by PHotoshop, Gimp or even color corrected in PostFX.
It would be nice to know if you can point out the color pattern you mentioned above.

I'm always willing to learn something, so please go ahead...

Quote:
"I'm always willing to learn something, so please go ahead..."
allrighty then:
First indeed not brownish. In order to avoid that, you have to have bluish lights, in this case coming from a HDRI. Looks like you've set it pretty high, because the sky looks like a bit into green, which also happens in other software on high exposure values on HDRI or render settings.
I am going to tell you now, what is wrong with your render as it is on 99.5% of other Poser users' renders:
1) For close up renders use a higher camera frame width, which gives less distortions on your model.
2) Use hair with less baked shadows and highlights in its texture maps
3) Give your model a focus. these eyes look dead, starring into nowhere. Give your character a point of interest, by looking at something or into the camera.
4) Add Depth of field to the camera. Sharp model, blurred background.
5) Something's wrong with the skin shader. Might not been your fault, for I have never seen a convincing skin in Poser, except for some tech demo renders with a demo head.
6) The model La Femme looks just terrible. It takes a lot of modeling skills to shape a convincing human being into her. do not use the default figure.
7) Her left hand pose looks weird. Alter the pose a little bit to actually see, what she is doing with her hand. Her hand looks also to tiny compared to her head. Maybe due to a problem with the figure itself, but also a wrong camera setting.
8) what is the material of her bathing suit made of? Is it plastic, neoprene? There are no folds.
9) I'd place the model more into the lower left of the picture, leaving more space to the head.

Sorry, I am picky here, but I am not more picky, than I'd be on my own work, and since you said, you are always willing to learn...